- 3 parts lemon sorbet, divided
- 2 lemons cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds, seeds removed
- 2 limes cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds, seeds removed
- 2 cups (16oz) London dry gin (such as Beefeater)
- 2 (750 milliliter) bottles chilled champagne (such as Aubry)
- Whole red maraschino cherries
Let 2 pints of sorbet stand at room temp until soft enough to be easily scooped, about ten minutes. Arrange lemon and lime slices around sides of a small (8-cup) metal tube or bunt pan or freezer-safe bowl. Scoop softened sorbet into pan, packing citrus slices against sides; smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.
When ready to serve punch, pour gin into a large chilled punch bowl and add remaining 1 pint sorbet. Mash sorbet with a spoon to incorporate with gin; add frozen citrus to bowl. Gently pour Champagne around inside of bowl, stir gently to combine with gin mixture. Garnish with maraschino cherries. Place ladle in bowl, allow guests to serve themselves.